How To Write Your Nonprofit 'Business Plan'
eLearning Course Description (Self-Paced)
© 2010-2017 Vision Communications Group. All rights reserved.
Helping People Clarify, Communicate, and Bring Their Vision(s) To Life!
COURSE CODE: BPLAN101
- Learn what each section of your nonprofit business plan should contain (overview & full plan) and how to develop each section.
- Position your organization to secure individual major donor gifts, corporate funding, government and private foundation funding:
- Learn why your business plan is the most important document in helping you accomplish your
- Learn why your business plan is increasingly becoming a requested document by individual major donors
corporate donors, government and private foundation grantmakers (in lieu of or in addition to their grant
- Learn how your business plan contains up to 80% (or more) of the information requested by grantmakers
(private foundation and government grants).
- Tips on knowing which business plan sections contain the best information for creating your Marketing and Communication pieces (Brochures, Web site, PowerPoint presentations, Press Releases, etc.).
eLEARNING COURSE format that is easily downloadable and where participant simply pushes the PLAY button to begin the online course. Students can go at their own pace and use the accompanying handouts and worksheets that are emailed with the individual course itself. The course can be watched OVER AND OVER (no limit) and even shown to nonprofit BOARDS, STAFF & VOLUNTEERS that need to understand all the elements of the business plan so they can better 'run with the vision'.
Participants receive handouts and worksheets that go WITH the session (via email) along with the link to the actual eLEARNING COURSE, once the online purchase is made. These worksheets make it easier for students to actually create their business plan WHILE they are viewing the eLEARNING COURSE, by simply pausing the online course when they want to develop what they are learning.
PREREQUISITE COURSE(s) None
Part 1: 41 minutes
Part 2: 1 hour 28 minutes
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
The Founder/Executive Director, Board Chair and Marketing Director of start-up, growth, or mature-phase nonprofits—in addition to anyone wanting to start a nonprofit—that does not have a completed, written strategic business plan.